Google

A blog named G.O.B.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Myspace Vs. Facebook Vs. Friendster

In class we had a discussion today about products that utilize the internet with regards to sales and advertising. We also branched into a conversation about personal advertising. This was in reference to all those "geocities" personal websites people put together to create somewhat of an internet personality. I know of two incredibly user-friendly sites that cater to such protocols. 1) Facebook, 2) Myspace. The first one is more geared towards college students but also allows one to represent themself as an alumni/alumna. That is of course if they have indeed received the most important receipt of their life: A college diploma. I will admit to being a member on facebook but refuse to adopt the new slang when meeting someone interesting of the opposite sex i.e. "Will you facebook me?"

Sorry hun, I seldom spend time "facebooking" and only find myself on there if someone is in dire need of adding me to their list of friends. I like the interconnectivity of the site though. It certainly represents that whole new internet marketing slogan people keep talking about, "the more people that use it, the easier it becomes..." Not exactly sure why I used quotes...or an ellipses for that matter.

Moving right along.

Myspace seems to be the new thing. Originally it was set up for those who consider themselves starving musicians/artisits and want to get people to hear their music (or garbage) they are manufacturing. Now, it seems to have taken a google-esque uprising over petty sites such as friendster. (I actually set up one of these friendster accounts last summer out of sheer boredom).

Hopefully one day everyone will be on my space. I mean with that crazy quote I wrote 2 paragraphs up, an increase in usership of myspace can account for limitless possibilties! Or maybe people will just keep digging up their old high school sweet hearts.

As for now, I bid you farewell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

thanks for this. can you check the URL you use for myspace the second time, its missing http:// i think.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger craig said...

glad you enjoyed the post. I think I fixed the second myspace link as well.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

and now we will have someone from myspace skyping into class

Friday, April 28, 2006 2:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home