Google

A blog named G.O.B.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

ClickZ meets March Madness



I was reading this article on ClickZ news. My interest stemmed from the fact that I am actually in my own pool of 70 or so people on CBS Sportline. As of right now I am in third place, but as the games progress my success will most likely decrease (I don't want to jinx anything over here). Anyway, this article by Pete Lerma explains how March Madness is once again "on demand" for those who cannot view the games on their own televisions. I didn't see much of a need for a website hosting such a thing when every single game can be watched on basic cable, and let's be honest, who doesn't have basic cable? (please don't be offended non-basic cable users).

So, after some thought, I realized that millions of people are in their offices during the time these games are being played. I mean College basketball does sound like a delicious way to waste time in a cubicle; eventhough I doubt superiors would be pleased with their sub-ordinates screaming in their cubicles when their brackets meet a gut-wrenching, final second, 3-pointer, upset victory. Wow, try saying that one 3 times fast, can anyone say run-on sentance?

Lerma also explains that a cap limit was set on the number of users allowed to view the games simultaneously. Well, this is no fun. What the hell am I supposed to do while Reddick_lover_14 is sitting in my "courtside" seat! The author expresses that he made a number of suggestions to the website last year as to things that could/should be changed with their March Madness on demand program. The games are also offered to you via iTunes, and if you don't have that program I highly recommend downloading it as I have been so kind to offer a direct link within my own blog post. Apparently games can be purchased through iTunes at a steep price tag of $1.99 (why would someone pay anything for something that can be viewed for free is my question)??

Well enough of my opinions, as for Lerma's own ideas check out the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home